Srijana in Barcelona

Life can be fulfilled despite many unfulfilled wishes -by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Learning Spanish

Nowadays I am doing some new interesting and fun things to improve my Spanish. I got to know a girl from internet who was interested for "intercambio" . We decided that we will speak English for 1 hour and Spanish for 1 hour so that she can improve her English and me my Spanish. So we met yesterday at 4:30pm. We sat in a restaurant. It was a new experience for me. We talked about 1 hour in English about her family, her study, her hobbies and general things. Then we spoke in Spanish the same things. Till then it was already 7 pm. Wow...I really enjoyed the session with her. This was definitely a good means of learning a new language. We will meet again next Friday.

At the same time I am sending emails in Spanish to some of my other Spanish friends. This makes me search for words in a dictionary and know its usage. I need to work a lot on it. I was surprised that I have learnt more in a week than in the last one month this way. My friend is so kind and helpful that she sends me an email in both English and Spanish. She also corrects my emails and sends the correction notes back to me.

So I am having a nice time learning Spanish and making new friends.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Its great to know that you are picking up Spanish language, quickly.
    Amazing!

     
  • At 9:50 PM , Blogger srijanablog said...

    Hi Bindu its great to know that you are reading my blog. Thank you.

    Srijana

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home