Srijana in Barcelona

Life can be fulfilled despite many unfulfilled wishes -by Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Trip to London

I was very excited to go to London on 1st April. I was visiting my cousin there. I was excited both because I was meeting my cousin after a long time and this was going to be my first time in London.

When I reached the Gatwick airport at 1:30 am (because of flight delay), I didn't see my cousin there who was supposed to receive me. So for few minutes I was nervous and was wondering what to do. I needed coins to call him but I had none. I was running here and there to find a shop to get change but they were all closed. When I finally found change from another traveler in the airport and called him, he said he was just outside the airport. For 10 mins I was very nervous.

I was with my cousin and sister-in-law for three days. I enjoyed being with them. The first day we went to see the Buckingham palace. We were in hurry to reach there as we wanted to see the change of guards in the palace. We were about 15-20 minutes late. We saw 4 new guards coming to a guard who was already standing there. One among the 4 guards took the place of the old one. He took an oath and the other 3 and the old guard went back. We were not sure if we saw the one which we wanted to see because I had heard that all guards would be in red dress but the guards we saw were in black dress. But still we were solacing ourselves that something is better than nothing.

My sister-in-law, cousin and myself in the garden of Buckingham palace

Then we took a walk around the palace. I was excited to take photos as well. From there we went to see the Parliament House, Big Ben and London Eye. After seeing London eye, we walked sometime along the Queens walk and then took a ferry to go to the Tower Bridge. On the way I saw the tall building of Citigroup. I was happy to see it as my husband would be working there in the next 2 months. From Tower Bridge we then went back home.

Tower Bridge in the background

In the second day we went to "Madame Tussauds", a wax musuem. We had to be in a queue for an hour to buy tickets. As soon as we entered the hall, we saw a man welcoming us. I later realized that it was actually a statue. How stupid could I be! But seriously, some of the statues were very difficult to distinguish if they were live or just statues. Actually I was thinking that the statues would be inside glass boxes and people would see them from outside. But to my surprise all the statues were openly placed. People were touching and hanging on the statues. It was fun to see Jennifer Lopez blush when you whispered in her ear. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

With Indian actress Aishwarya and Indian super actor Amitabh in "Madame Tussauds"

At home, I had some Nepali dishes which I had missed very much after I came to Barcelona. I had a great time.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looks like you have a good time in london !

     
  • At 3:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Srijana ji,
    This is an awasome great picture!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home